Revolutionise learning with TAPit intended touch technology
TAPit is a touch accessible learning platform and the first ADA compliant interactive learning station designed to recognise the difference between an arm resting upon the screen and a finger or assistive device intentionally tapping an image. Providing an optimal interface for teaching students with special needs at their own pace, TAPit reinforces skills that can be transferred to other computer-based learning applications utilising the Internet, educational software or communication devices.
Fully motorized, adjustments to the screen for both height and angle are easily made with just the touch of a button. Height adjustments range from 56 to 7.5 inches from the floor, allowing for students with mobility issues to have easier access to the screen. In addition, the screen can be angled anywhere from 0 to 90 degrees, allowing users to re-configure the unit for the needs of each individual student. Extremely durable, the TAPit contains shatter resistant glass and is counter balanced to support the weight of leaning students.
TAPit is also the first interactive learning station designed to provide accessibility to students of all learning abilities. This unique platform serves a wide range of special needs by providing easily accessible screen and LCD panel adjustments, in addition to offering multiple modes of learning that accommodate tactile, visual and auditory learners, among others. It is also beneficial to mainstream learners making the TAPit an excellent inclusive assistive technology device for any school, library, aged care facility or early learning centre!
- Intended touch and multi-touch – allows up to 80 simultaneous touch points
- Fastest, and most accurate touch technology available
- Plug and play, no drivers needed
- Gesture to allow for zoom with two fingers or hands
- Strengthened monitor glass
- Folding laptop tray
- Improved cable management
- Power supply at the top of the base
- Moveable controls
- Compatible with Ginger Tiger Special Needs Online Learning Platform
“The TAPit is basically indestructible. Our class of 18-21 year old's with complex learning needs have leant on it, pushed it, bumped wheelchairs into it and generally included it in the rough and tumble of classroom equipment and there’s no mark to show for it. The TAPit interests and motivates students, capturing their attention and intriguing them into engaging in activities and lessons that otherwise may have proved difficult. All students have 1:1 interactive games they work on with staff members or independently throughout the day and look forward to their focused learning activities on the TAPit. So far, we are doing old activities in new ways and accessing some amazing online special needs resources, Ginger Tiger is now one of our daily teaching tools. Next step will be to figure out what the TAPit is really capable of and start doing new things in new ways! Hugh and his very helpful team have given us all the support we need to set the Tapit up and been available to answer any questions we have had since. We cant recommend this company or this product highly enough."
Amy Shoebridge (teacher) and Sarah Roil (Principal)
Kōwhai Special School
“Students are benefiting greatly from the interactive stories, songs, rhymes and activities that we are using with the TAPit and it is the focus of the classroom during small group sessions each day"
Joyanne Hastwell, Class Teacher, Acacia Hill School, Alice Springs
“The TAPit has allowed many of our clients to achieve their daily living goals despite significant physical limitations."
Debbie Verikios, Occupational Therapist, The McKellar Centre, Geelong
“I believe their mobility, flexibility and intentional touch system truly sets the TAPit apart from any other interactive screen on the market."
Kathleen Davidson: Principal: Sir Keith Park School, Auckland, New Zealand
Accessible to students with physical or learning disabilities
TAPit is within reach for students using wheelchairs, walkers or other mobility devices, providing full access to the screen with easy adjustments that adapt to individualised needs. Worries about navigation are eliminated as users can manoeuvre up to the workstation and have full reach capabilities.
The TAPit is also compatible with EyeTech™ allowing users to control the screen through their eyes rather than they typical "mouse" or "track pad" device.
Motorised adjustments provide easy accommodations
With the touch of a button, the TAPit platform can move up or down and the 42" interactive LCD panel can be tilted from 0 - 90 degrees. These adjustments make TAPit infinitely more accessible to physically challenged students and their instructors than stationary wall-mounted boards.
Independently tested for durability
Impervious to dust, grit, grime or other contaminants, the commercial grade LCD panel is made of shatter-resistant safety glass. Re-purposed exclusively for TAPit, the screen technology is used by the military and resists marks and scratches. The field-tested platform is counter-balanced, so even if a student leans their full body weight against it, TAPit will not tip.
Easily move TAPit where you need it
Mobility is essential for educators who may use TAPit in multiple environments, from the classroom to therapy settings. Roll TAPit to the desired location and keep the workstation stable with commercial grade locking casters.
Create a custom fit for success
Serving a wide range of students’ and adults special needs, TAPit provides multiple modes of learning and working to accommodate tactile, visual and auditory learners, as well as those with:
- Down Syndrome
- Intellectual Disabilities
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Cerebral Palsy
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Learning Disabilities
- Vision & Hearing Disabilities
- Sensory Processing Disorder
- Muscular Dystrophy
- 43″ commercial grade LCD monitor with external speakers.
- Multi-touch technology and palm rejection capability.
- Intuitive gestures – flick, rotate, zoom, and more with natural touch gestures (used with many touch screens).
- Control panel can be positioned for best convenience, out of the reach of students, but within easy reach of teacher.
- Monitor is shatter-resistant, scratch-resistant and moisture sealed.
- Low-glare, matte finish display is shadow-free, providing optimal viewing in almost any lighting situation and for low-vision users.
- Large, touch-sensitive screen supports the use of on-screen keyboards.
- Stand moves up and down and tilts from 0 – 90° with motorized touch control.
- Tip-resistant stand is on 5″ anti-mar, anti-microbial locking casters for easy mobility.
- Monitor bezel and stand have texture and purple finish for special needs application.
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux. No special drivers or software required.