Early Childhood Leadership in Action
$51.77 ex GST
🚚 – INCLUDES FREE SHIPPING!
Evidence-based approaches for effective practice
Leadership is a core skill required by all early childhood educators, whatever position they hold – whether leading their own ethical and professional practice or leading others. From understanding ethical frameworks to managing change, and from quality assurance to working with teams, families and the wider community, the most effective early childhood leaders act with confidence, flexibility and creativity.
In this book early childhood researchers Elizabeth Stamopoulos and Lennie Barblett provide a new model for leadership.
Recognising that leadership is both an individual and collective endeavour, multi-layered and multidimensional, the authors have distilled core tasks of leadership that are explored in detail in each chapter:
- Understanding and conceptualising theories of leadership
- Leading in times of change
- Advocating for high quality pedagogy and practice
- Developing strong communication skills
- Leading through digital technology and media
- Developing effective teams
- Building positive relationships with families and the wider community
- Embedding Indigenous perspectives
- Embracing evidence-based research
- Leading ethical practice.
Featuring the perspectives of leaders from diverse settings, together with reflection exercises and discussion questions throughout, this is an essential book for both pre-service and in-service early childhood educators.
‘The authors…are commended for their commitment to shining a light on a wide range of research, theories and issues concerned with leadership and the early childhood profession. ‘ — from the foreword by Catharine Hydon and Dr Anne Kennedy