Getting Started with STEAM
$56.95 inc GST $51.77 ex GST
Practical Strategies for the K-8 Classroom
Learn effective ways to teach STEAM with this helpful book from educational technology experts Billy Krakower and Meredith Martin. Whether you have a dedicated STEAM class, or plan to integrate it into a regular classroom, you’ll find out how to create a structured learning environment while still leaving room for inquiry and innovation. You’ll also gain a variety of hands-on activities and rubrics you can use immediately.
- the differences among STEM, STEAM, and makerspaces
- planning your STEAM space
- stocking your space with the right supplies
- planning for instruction and managing class time
- incorporating the core subjects
- aligning lessons with standards and assessments
- getting the administration and community involved
- taking your class to the next level with design thinking
With this practical book, you’ll have all the tools you’ll need to create a STEAM-friendly learning space starting now.