Grammar Tales Story Book Set
$198.95 inc GST $180.86 ex GST
This beautifully illustrated set of picture books, with an accompanying user guide, has been created to support grammar and language development in young children.
Perfect for the beginning of a session, each book is an ideal starting point for targeting client goals, providing repeated examples of early developing syntax and morphology which will engage and excite the reader whilst building pre-literacy skills.
The set includes:
- Guidebook: Including accessible activities and ideas to help children use grammar forms expressively, this guidebook discusses the specific grammatical form focused on in each story. Photocopiable and downloadable handouts for parents and carers allow therapy work to continue beyond the therapy session.
- Pete and Jem: Pete and Jem are having lots of fun playing in the snow until they run into each other and fall over. This book targets Subject-Verb sentences and present progressive verbs.
- A Trip to the Zoo: Pete and Jem are having lots of fun at the zoo, but they both want to see different animals, and are pulling their mother in different directions! This book targets Subject-Verb-Object sentences and regular plurals.
- Anything You Can Do: Pete and Jem discover activities that they can do together. This book targets Subject-Verb sentences, pronouns and the auxiliaries ‘can’ and ‘do’.
- The Birthday Party: Pete and Jem get ready for Belle’s birthday. This book targets Subject-Verb sentences, pronouns and the auxiliary ‘be’.
- Time for Adventure!: Jem learns that adventures are more fun when you share. This book targets Subject-Verb-Object sentences and the pronouns ‘me’, ‘my’, ‘mine’ and ‘it’ .
- Let’s Go Shopping: Pete and Jem cause chaos at the supermarket. This book targets Subject-Verb-Object sentences and the conjunction ‘and’ for listing.
- Hide and Seek: Pete, Jem and Belle play hide and seek. This book targets Subject-Verb-Object sentences and prepositions.
- A Day at the Beach: Pete, Jem and Belle’s day at the beach turns stormy. This book targets Subject-Verb-Object sentences and early adjectives.