Literacy Strong All Year Long 2e
$100.95 inc GST $91.77 ex GST
Literacy Strong All Year Long: Powerful Lessons for Grades K-2 equips educators of young children with engaging lessons that motivate students and help them develop the solid foundation of literacy skills essential to learning. Thoughtfully designed lessons linked to specific literacy standards create a seamless flow of learning throughout the seasons of the school year.
Each chapter offers 10 lessons that strengthen comprehension, fluency, word work, and vocabulary. This second edition is enhanced with specific strategies for reaching and teaching English language learners and struggling readers—and a study guide to promote self-reflection and conversations with your colleagues.
The 40 interactive lessons are divided into these themes:
- Starting the school year literacy strong
- Lessons demonstrate routines, expectations, assessments, and opportunities for students to collaborate in a rich literacy community
- Beating the midyear blahs
- Lessons offer ways to maintain momentum, monitor expectations, and chart individual progress
- They include strategies to strengthen relationships among students, teachers, and parents
- Ending the year with intention
- Lessons outline strategies for helping students achieve literacy goals and provide ideas for boosting endurance and growth
- Stopping the summer slide
- Lessons reinforce literacy strategies and actively include families and parents in summer learning
The lessons are presented in an accessible and comprehensive format that includes sections on preparation, active engagement, and reflection. The lesson design intentionally guides teachers to gradually release responsibility to students as they grow into self-regulated, literacy-strong learners—able and eager to use their skills to expand their learning horizons.