Mobile Learning in Schools
$58.14 ex GST
Key Issues, Opportunities and Ideas for Practice
Mobile Learning in Schools explores the potential for using mobile devices in diverse school and college settings around the globe. It evaluates the exciting opportunities mobile initiatives bring and shares experience of where things can go wrong, in order to ensure that those embarking on new projects are fully informed.
Drawing on a wide range of international perspectives, it unpicks knotty sociocultural issues, including lack of sustainability, behavioural and ethical concerns, and explores successful student learning. Key issues considered include:
- mobile learning in primary schools
- teaching and learning with mobile devices in secondary schools
- opportunities inside and outside school
- pedagogical principles and sustainability
- mobile learning for initial teacher training and CPD
- ethical considerations
- behaviour matters – disruption, plagiarism, cheating, cyberbullying
- assessing mobile learning.
With annotated further reading and questions to trigger reflection and further discussion amongst readers, this thought-provoking text provides a detailed survey of this often controversial topic. It is essential reading for all those engaged in understanding the potential for using mobile devices to support students’ learning.