Primary Social-Emotional Empowerment Pack
$203.59 ex GST
“When students have voice and choice, they gain control over their learning and their actions and feel empowered to work harder and achieve more” — that’s the premise behind Patti Drapeau’s Inspiring Student Empowerment. Help your students find their voice and use it with pride with this pack.
What Do You Stand For? Character Building Card Game
- Turn learning into a game and kids will want to play. This card game spotlights ten top character traits:
To win, players collect cards of each trait. Each card features a “What If” scenario or question about character that gets kids thinking about what they would do—and what they stand for. Meant to be played with adult supervision (a teacher, counselor, or youth worker familiar with character education themes), the game includes an insert with rules and basic character education concepts.
Inspiring Student Empowerment
Student engagement continues to be an important goal for teachers, but it shouldn’t end there. There is no one-size-fits-all approach to teaching anymore. School districts that have begun to shift their focus from student engagement to student empowerment, and from differentiation to personalized learning, have seen a rise in test scores, motivation, attention, and self-confidence.
When students have voice and choice, they gain control over their learning and their actions and feel empowered to work harder and achieve more. Through sample lessons, strategies, and applications, educators will learn how to shift from engagement to student empowerment, from differentiation to personalized learning, and practical ways to make these strategies work in the classroom.
Move from engagement to student empowerment with:
- A comprehensive guide to engaged learning
- A comprehensive guide to empowerment
- Research-based best practices to promote empowerment
Move from differentiation to personalized learning with:
- A comprehensive guide to refining differentiation practices
- A comprehensive guide to personalized learning
- Practical ways to use voice and choice, instructional design, and classroom climate to promote student empowerment
- An entire chapter dedicated to the social and emotional learning side of personalized learning
Digital content includes reproducible forms and a PDF presentation for professional development.
Being Me (and Loving It)
- Stories and activities to help build self-esteem, confidence, positive body image and resilience in children With 29 real life and relatable stories at its heart, this practical resource is designed to help build self-esteem and body confidence in children aged 5-11. Each story is the focus of a ready-to-use lesson plan, covering common issues that affect children such as a lack of body confidence, feeling pressured by peers and worries about puberty. The stories are preceded by guidance on how to introduce the topic and the learning outcomes, and they are followed by a range of activities to reinforce the messages being taught. The stories can either be read aloud to a class or group or photocopied and shared for individual reading. Perfect for use in PSHE lessons with groups of children, or in one-to-one settings in the therapy room or at home, this book is a useful resource for PSHE co-ordinators, teachers, school counsellors, pastoral care teams, youth workers as well as parents.