Whole Person Associates
The Building Resiliency Workbook and Card Deck
$118.95 inc GST $108.14 ex GST
The Building Resiliency Workbook contains five sections, each with its unique resilience scale, to help participants learn more about themselves and how to build resiliency, enabling them to thrive in times of adversity, change and stress.
Resiliency includes the ability to:
- Manage life’s challenges, stresses, changes, and pressures effectively.
- Cope and adapt successfully to adversity.
- Bounce back to a balanced state after facing a significant disruption in life or career.
Resiliency, or a positive behavioural adaptation, is critical when people encounter any type of trauma. People have an innate ability to demonstrate resiliency when they have resiliency skills built into their lives. Resilient people can adapt successfully under adverse circumstances such as poverty, mental illness, disasters, terrorism, physical or psychological trauma, divorce, job loss, prison, loss of a loved one, parent’s divorce, prolonged stress, physical or sexual abuse, or a lack of safety.
- Optimistic outlook helps participants identify how optimistically they view and live life.
- Locus of control helps participants explore the extent to which they believe they have control over what happens in their lives.
- Sense of self helps participants explore the strength of their self-esteem, self-confidence, and self-concept.
- Ability to bounce back helps participants increase their ability to bounce back and recover from a setback.
- Change management helps participants become aware of how well they deal with change and develop skills necessary to accept change.
Effective use of journaling, exploratory activities, and a resilience scale
These sections serve as avenues for individual self-reflection and participating in group experiences revolving around identified topics of importance. Each section includes exploratory activities, reflective journaling activities, and educational handouts to help participants discover their level of resiliency and provides reflective exercises and instruction to build personal and professional resiliency. Each resilience scale includes directions for easy administration, scoring, and interpretation.