The Story Maker 3rd Edition
$73.95 inc GST $67.23 ex GST
The Story Maker is an innovative manual designed to help children aged 4-11 write creatively. Packed with original colour illustrations, the book is full of handy tips and guidance that will inspire children of all abilities to write their own stories and broaden their vocabulary.
Each chapter focuses on a key element of story writing; for example story types, settings, characters, feelings and time. The chapters contain writer’s tips and easy-to-implement suggestions, as well as interactive activities designed to help children practise using new vocabulary. Introductory material on narrative planning explores story development and guides children to shape their own stories.
Key features include:
- A simple layout that will appeal to children
- Photocopiable material that can easily be used in class
- A separate introduction for older children who can work alone
- An expanded section on narrative planning with new content on character, setting, plot, conflict and resolution
- Now in larger A4 format for ease of photocopying
The updated third edition of this inspiring resource can be used by teachers and parents to develop children’s creative writing and help support National Curriculum Literacy objectives in Key Stages 1 and 2.