Introduction to Information Science
$199.95 ex GST
This landmark textbook takes a whole subject approach to Information Science as a discipline.
Introduced by leading international scholars and offering a global perspective on the discipline, this is designed to be the standard text for students worldwide. The authors’ expert narrative guides you through each of the essential building blocks of information science offering a concise introduction and expertly chosen further reading and resources.
Critical topics covered include:
- Foundations: concepts, theories and historical perspectives
- Organising and retrieving Information
- Information behaviour, domain analysis and digital literacies
- Technologies, digital libraries and information management
- Information research methods and informetrics
- Changing contexts: information society, publishing, e-science and digital humanities
- The future of the discipline.
Readership: Students of information science, information and knowledge management, librarianship, archives and records management worldwide. Students of other information-related disciplines such as museum studies, publishing, and information systems and practitioners in all of these disciplines.