Let’s Talk – Assertiveness
$39.95 ex GST
Let’s Talk: Assertiveness is a card game to improve communication and confidence.
It is an adaptable resource, designed for use as a 5 min ice breaker, in a one hour discussion, or in a series of more detailed workshop sessions.
It includes information on assertiveness, including how to say no, making requests, making complaints, resolving conflict and receiving compliments.
The cards are presented in 6 sections:
- Is this assertive, passive or aggressive? (this section provides examples of behaviour and responses to help people understand the 3 definitions)
- Give an example of… (this section encourages participants to reflect on their own experiences in order to explore assertiveness issues)
- Changing passive and aggressive body language, and responses to assertive ones
- Discussion cards (this section is about the benefits of being assertive; about why people might act passively or aggressively; about saying ‘no’; about difficult situations)
- Assertiveness strategies (such as tone of voice; body language; ‘I feel… when you’; asking for more time; setting clear boundaries)
- Situation cards (these cards ask for ideas of an assertive response in different scenarios)
Let’s Talk: Assertiveness can be used:
- With all ages
- With individuals or in small groups
- At home, school (e.g. PSHE, learning support), in youth work settings
78 boxed cards, instructions and ideas