Nurturing Emotional Resilience in Vulnerable Children and Young People
$45.41 ex GST
A Practical Guide
Nurturing Emotional Resilience in Vulnerable Children and Young People is a guidebook that provides a framework and practical strategies to support children’s emotional resilience at a whole-school and more targeted level. Underpinned by research into the concept of resilience, the book centres around the ‘Resiliency Rainbow Toolkit’; a ready-to-use theoretical model that draws upon a range of ideas and approaches that act as a resiliency building programme.
This practical and interactive programme can be used by educators and counsellors alike and offers creative and engaging ideas for building emotional resilience in children. Each section of the toolkit provides learning objectives, facilitator notes, discussion questions and student activities and is designed to:
- support students in identifying their own resiliency levels and support network
- enable students to recognise and increase their existing strengths and values
- encourage students to examine their talents, interests, dreams and aspirations
- introduce strategies for boosting less strong areas such as supportive friendships
- teach students ways to cope with stress and difficult situations.