Social Survival – A Manual for those with Autism and Other Logical Thinkers
$35.41 ex GST
Social Survival is a practical manual outlining what it means to be a logical thinker and how logical thinkers can make sense of the social world. Relevant for young logical thinkers including those with high-functioning autism and Asperger’s syndrome, this book clearly outlines how social confusion might arise and how this can be overcome.
Written in a clear and unpatronising style, the book considers a range of different social scenarios and breaks these down into manageable components with helpful activities to be completed by the young person. Chapters discuss the nature and benefits of logical thinking, nuances of language and communication in social situations, and the intricacies of social etiquette and peer interaction.
- Appealing visual resources
- Practical activities around social situations that are relevant to young people
- Blank templates which can be photocopied and are available for download online
- Guidance for family members on how to encourage ongoing communication
- An action plan which can be personalised for different scenarios
Social Survival will be essential reading for health, social care and education professionals and parents working with those who have high functioning autism or Asperger’s syndrome or those who are logical thinkers who do not have a diagnosis. In addition, this book can be used independently by the young person themselves.