Let spirituality enhance the effectiveness of your marriage and family therapy practice!
The field of marriage and family therapy is starting to acknowledge that spiritual and religious issues are a valuable part of the lives of both clients and therapists. Spirituality and Family Therapy provides you with important information about this growing trend, including guidelines for therapists who are unsure how to integrate spiritual issues into their practice and detailed case studies that reveal how and why faith is a vital part of many clients’ lives. Along with these features, you’ll also find two unique conversational-style chapters where various authors explore their own beliefs and discuss the role of religion in their lives and careers. Spirituality and Family Therapy will help you understand your own spirituality, and use it as an important resource in your relationships with clients.
In Spirituality and Family Therapy you’ll learn about:
- the links between faith, fathering, and family therapy
- clinical applications for Christian mediation
- making altars as a way to help your clients come to terms with loss
- the ways spirituality helps parents cope with the death of a child
- ways to integrate the spirituality of the therapist into your work
- the value of faith in services for Alzheimer’s caregivers
- integration of religion, gender, and spirituality in clinical practice