Whole Person Associates
Teen Addictions & Recovery Workbook
$92.95 inc GST $84.50 ex GST
Teens have these addictions for a variety of complicated reasons including:
– To fit in
– To be accepted
– To change an image
– To feel more social
– To get in with a specific clique of peers
– To feel excited when bored
– To distance themselves from family
– To provide distance from school problems
– To relax from pressures of everyday life
– To gain confidence and loosen inhibitions
– To boost self-esteem
– To feel less lonely
– To “numb” feelings
– To feel important
– To feel less depressed
– To feel less anxious
– To rebel
– To seem “cool”
The Teen Addictions & Recovery Workbook contains six separate sections to help participants learn more about themselves as well how addictions are impacting their lives.
– Do I Overdo My Habits? Scale helps individuals explore those types of habits they tend to overdo and identify ways to overcome these negative habits.
– Am I Likely to be Addicted? Scale helps individuals examine if they have a constellation of personality traits that predispose them to various addictions.
– Am I Addicted? Scale helps individuals to determine the level of their addiction to substances, activities and/or thought and behaviours.
– Am I Relapsing? Scale helps individuals identify the changes in thinking, feeling and behaviour that accompany relapse.
– Can I Stop? Scale helps individuals define a clearer picture of the excuses that they may be using to continue their addiction and guides them to ways they can stop.
– Change and Recovery Scale helps individuals explore the level of self-discipline and will power they have in combating addictions.